Friday 30 May 2014

Shatter Me

This book was absolutely amazing!! It blew my breath away. I've been waiting for a book like this !! Finally it blessed me with its presence.
When I read a book, I want to feel every emotion, every feeling and this book did just that.
In the first part of the book, Juliette was feeling so dejected I found myself feeling dejected too.  I wanted to save her from the pain she was going through and I felt so helpless.  Her shock her fear her disbelief her betrayal it all cut through me like I was there and feeling it with her but somehow I also knew that I would never feel the exact emotion.  I have no idea how the author did it but she did
And omg the romance, it took my breath away.  The feelings that coursed through me when Adam made her feel wanted when he showed her she was worth it, when he showed her that she was not a monster she had a gift.  He made her feel whole and made me feel whole.  How I want to be loved by a man like that.  Every teenage girls biggest dream.  Her determination grew and made me feel more confident, it made me feel like you know what they are actually going to pull through this, they are going to manage it.  But the author wouldn't leave us in a safe haven for too long.  She made me gasp, almost cry but by the middle of the book Juliette had become a fighter and she would do anything to save the people she cared about.
That made her up on my list in female male characters, she was strong, not dependant to the point it became painful, she was different and most of all she was a fighter and I respect that.
Adam was the perfect male lead.  He was handsome, he was dependable, he scared us sometimes with doubts through Juliette's head but which male lead doesn't, he had his own character and his own story and he was not overshadowed.  And both of them loved each other and made me cry about how strong the power of love is.
And when Juliette found Hope which had been missing her entire life, I think that was the favourite part of the story.

☂☂☂☂☂

No comments:

Post a Comment