Wednesday 28 May 2014

Nerve - Jeanne Ryan

First of all let me start by saying this was a good book it just didn't rise to my expectations so u can pick it up.  
This book caught my attention by the plot.  The plot was incredible.  A girl in the shadows wanting to show what she was made of so, deciding to go for a game show of dares which turned out to be more sinister than you realized.  Also we can't forget the eye candy, Ian for a dash of romance and there was a bit of a love triangle there too so I thought I'd give it a try
The prologue was good, got me excited but I had no idea what was going on.  I figured I would find out later.  When I started reading further I realized the author didn't explain anything.  I had to guess my way through the story.  The action was crazy but, it wasn't nail biting action and when the book went further I realized even when the players were on the verge of dying that I didn't care.
I didn't really connect with the characters.  That might be my fault but I just didn't.  They did not grip me, I did not feel any emotions and I hate it when a story does that to me.  It puts me on a high and I just don't feel anything when I actually come around to reading it.
For anyone who wants a easy read with action this book is for you and this book was good, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the cliff hanger at the end killed me but if you are a book lover and you are looking for a good book in which you want to feel every emotion under the sun this book doesn't do it so I suggest you use this book as a filler.
No offence to the author at all, I know how hard it is to write a book. Just stating what I felt when I read the book so, that's about it.

☂☂☂


No comments:

Post a Comment