Tuesday 29 September 2015

Me Before You - Jojo Moyes


Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Well, this is interesting. I am not going to write much in this review because sometimes even if you liked a book, there is not much you can say which will not spoil the fun of the book for somebody else and  because there is not much I can say except that I loved this book. I loved this book with all my heart. I loved how it changed my outlook of life from existing to living. From just taking it a day at a time to taking it in a giant leap. I loved how it changed my outlook on taking one's life.
Lou was just looking for a job. She had a steady boyfriend, a loving family, she was just looking to make ends meet. Fate landed her with Will. A quadriplegic who lived in a wheelchair after a horrific accident. What makes it worse was that Will was extremely active before the accident and now he was helpless which made him bitter.
However, Lou made him see the light and she brightened up her day but, sometimes even being faced with pure love is not enough and Lou loved him and he loved her. They found love in the most unlikely of circumstances. Patrick had no time for her and she was spending day and night with Will. There were going to be some feelings emerging. Thats exactly what happened.  
I think this book was inspiring even though it had a sucky ending. I think we all expected it not to work out though because honestly who would want to live the way Will was living. I don't blame him. I honestly hope that Lou gets her happy ending because she deserves it after all the heartbreak she is going through and honestly Lou as well as we should thank Will, because Will taught Lou to live to her heart's content and in the end, thats all that matters.

☂☂☂☂

No comments:

Post a Comment