Thursday 15 October 2015

Fixer ( Fixer #1 ) - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

22929578

This thriller YA is Scandal meets Veronica Mars.

Sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick has spent her entire life on her grandfather's ranch. But when her estranged sister Ivy uproots her to D.C., Tess is thrown into a world that revolves around politics and power. She also starts at Hardwicke Academy, the D.C. school for the children of the rich and powerful, where she unwittingly becomes a fixer for the high school set, fixing teens’ problems the way her sister fixes their parents’ problems.

And when a conspiracy surfaces that involves the family member of one of Tess's classmates, love triangles and unbelievable family secrets come to light and life gets even more interesting—and complicated—for Tess.

Perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars and Heist Society, readers will be clamoring for this compelling teen drama with a political twist.


From the moment I started this book to the moment I ended it, I do not think I got time to breathe. If people are looking for suspense in ya, this is the book for you. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked that there were no pretences, there was no holding back. The main character Tess was strong and confident and knew who she was where she lived. However, when she was sent to live with her sister Ivy, everything she knew was thrown for a loop. Ivy was a fixer, a problem solver in politics who made problems and messes go away or come out. She was powerful in the world of politics and Tess found herself being swooped up in that world.
In Hardwicke, a private school which she had been enrolled in, Tess started solving problems and becoming like her sister Ivy but, that was not always a good thing. The problems took her into secrets she should not have known and made her have a huge target on her back. With her friends she had made during private school who all had powerful parents who had something to do with what was going on, Tess found herself in a huge scandal which was a danger to everyone around her as well as herself.
Every secret uncovered was a breath I had to hold. Every mystery discovered made me grip the handles of my chair. I was scared 99% of the book and that was a good thing because it got emotion out of me.
In previous books I reviewed I always complained about there being no anticipation build up. No waiting for something to happen. Everything being told and therefore no excitement coming out of the books.
This book about made up for all those books that ran dry around double times.
I loved this book. I am not going into detail about the characters but let me tell you this. All of them, Tess, Vivvie, Asher, Henry, Ivy, Adam, Bodie and all those other politicians that made life hell for these people as well as the secondary characters were well developed. They all made an impact on the story in their own way. They all were smart, even the villains. The plot was great, the characters were great. I just want to read the next book!!! 

☂☂☂☂

No comments:

Post a Comment